Some things you might want to know…
- Be courteous to the staff and fellow students
- Fill in from the back of the room when you arrive. Instructors will move the students forward at the start of class. Please do not save spots for late arrivers or squeeze to the front.
- If you see a neighbor leave for water/bathroom, let them back in the space when they return.
- Derogatory comments or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Only paid students are permitted in the workout room. All other visitors are requested to remain in the main lobby.
- No video recording of the class without prior approval.
- Personal belongings are not permitted on the dance floor. Please keep all items, including water bottles along the outside walls or columns.
- If you have a child attending class with you, please be sure to read the kid’s policy (below).
- Report any problems to the Azuka-Bom staff- this includes conflicts, injury, or illness.
Although we welcome kids of all ages, please keep in mind the following policies if you have a child joining you to class.
- The classes are predominately geared towards adults, but we love having the little ones join us! Please visit the class first to determine if its right for your child.
- All children under the age of 12 years old are required to be accompanied by an adult at all times in the studio room. If not attending the class, the child must remain in the main lobby or recreation room adjacent to the lobby for the duration of the class. Children will not be permitted to enter the workout room at any time during the class.
- If the child is under the age of 12 years old and is participating in the workout, please have them dance on the outside perimeter of the room. Keep in mind that children will take up more space during class as they are less likely to keep up with the pace- Do not attempt to squeeze them in the middle of a crowd.
- Earplugs are available at the front desk! If you cut one plug lengthwise, it will fit better in their ears!
- Horseplay and running around will not be tolerated. If the child is unable to remain seated and occupied during the hour, they will be requested not to return.
DO NOT HESITATE TO SPEAK TO ANY MEMBER OF THE STAFF IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS!
How can I pay for passes?
All forms of payment are accepted at the studio (cash, checks, credit cards) and you can also pay online with Paypal by selecting the “Buy Passes” link.
How long do I have before the passes expire?
The standard class passes will be valid for one year from the date of purchase and refunds will be provided for any remaining classes for up to 30 days. After 30 days, classes can be transferred to another member.
Starting February 2014, a new unlimited, monthly pass will become available. These will be valid for 30 days from the date of purchase and are non-refundable.
What if I forgot my water?
No worries! There is a water fountain located in the back of the workout room and we also have water and Gatorade for sale at the front desk. Waters bottles are $.50 and Gatorade is available for $1.50, along with a few other snacks if you happen to be hungry!
Don’t forget to drink water throughout the class and AFTER to replenish your body from all that sweating!
What do I wear to class?
Wear comfortable workout clothes…looking extra cute is optional. Sometimes we like to dress matchy matchy, especially for our events! I’ll announce the color “codes” on Facebook, but we will still let you in if you don’t dress up!
What kind of shoes do I need?
The answer to this varies and depends on the person, but here are some general things to consider:
- Running shoes and cross training shoes are not particularly recommended because it is made for FORWARD motion and as soon as your pivot to dance, it may cause strain on the knee.
- Dance aerobic shoes (Nike has a few) are nice because they provide a smooth sole to make pivoting easy, but you might find them to be too slick.
- Most often, the instructors will wear high-top street shoes ( Adidas, Reebok, etc). These are flat and not cushioned the same as “workout” shoes, so try them with insoles to provide some give! Check The KAZAXE Facebook page, as we will often post our favorites there!
- No matter what shoe, make sure it fits!
Do I need to know how to dance to take Kazaxe?
NOOOOOOOOO! I want you to have FUN whether you know how to dance or not. If you can’t do some steps, DO WHATEVER! I just want to see you smiling and laughing. Do not get frustrated. You WILL learn as you go. It is the assimilation method: when you learn a new language, the BEST WAY TO LEARN is to just DROP yourself into that foreign country and JUST DO IT. It is not a step-by-step dance class…it is a PARTY! We are at ALL DIFFERENT LEVELS, different ages, different cultures, different social backgrounds…and WE LOVE THAT!
Can I bring small children?
ALL ages are welcome (assuming you are old enough to walk), but please be sure to check out KID’S POLICY (below) before taking the class. The room is very loud, and the music can sometimes be suggestive ( though we try to get the cleanest versions of the songs)- so give it a try first to make sure its right for your kid!
Am I too old?
NO YOU AIN’T! The best part of class is that you can make it suit your level of fitness. You can make it low or high impact and we are happy to give you suggestions on how to make it work for you! Come talk to any of the instructors if you experience any sort of discomfort after your workout!
Where can I park?
Park only in the designated parking for our building and watch for no parking signs on the street. The TOW TRUCKS RUN AT FULL SPEED and you are almost guaranteed to be sans car if you park across in the neighboring lot. If you cannot find a space, let us know and well help find a spot for you. At times, you may have to double park, if that is the case, please listen when we announce or project license plate numbers on the wall for cars to be moved. You will need to move your car if you plan to stay for another class.
The instructors are available before and after every class, as well as the front desk staff! Please don’t hesitate to come talk to us if you have any questions or concerns.
COME TO HAVE FUN, COME TO SMILE and LAUGH
This is your space to take away stress and FEEL SEXY & ENJOY!!!!!